Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At $99 We Tow It in Bronx
General Auto Repair Services
Auto AC & Heating Services
Thank you $99 We Tow It for being so PROFESSIONAL, QUICK, and REASONABLY PRICED.
These guys are an HONEST bunch, which is extremely rare around here.
Thanks for making my miserable situation, into a PAINLESS one!!!
Excellent service! Got immediate response and showed up in less than 20 mins. Polite, professional, and the price was right. Definitely recommend them. Thanks!
Wonderful tow, on a Sunday, very respectful, fast and professional.
Called AAA they said 2 hours called 99 tow the truck was here within 30 minutes!!!!!! And the price was right!! Eric and Kal gave excellent customer service. Thanks guys!
Great service they towed my father's car out in the snow. They were extremely friendly and professional. Would definitely call them for any other problems highly recommended.
Excellent! They towed my vehicle to their location from mine. The work performed on my vehicle was excellent and provided noticeable improvement. I will send my car here again!